Because of the fact that modern shops give customers the opportunity to choose a wide range of products, it can be difficult to choose a particular beer. However, each of us likes a certain type of beer, and this makes it very easy to choose a drink. From this article, you will learn what qualities beer must have in order not to disappoint the buyer in its quality.
How to choose the beer correctly
- The first thing to pay attention to is the packaging. It is generally believed that it is best to buy beer in dark glass bottles. This is explained by the fact that beer is not affected by the air, which is absorbed by, for example, plastic packaging or external flavors, as in the case of tin cans.
- The second aspect is the shelf life of beer. The best beer is the beer that’s only been stored for a couple of weeks. Pasteurized beer usually has a lot of bad preservatives in it. It doesn’t do any good.
- After that, look at the composition of the product. Ideally, the beer should consist of 4/5 of water, and the rest should contain hops and malt. Flavors may be present, but if a malt supplement is indicated in the formulation instead of malt, it is a surrogate.
- The density-strength ratio is another important factor. It’s simple. Just choose that has twice as much density as a percentage of strength.
- If you’re buying beer in a store, not in a craft place, take the beer that’s in the fridge in the back row. Also, choose the beer that stands in the dark corners of the counter.
So now you know what factors to consider when choosing a quality beer. Follow them, and you avoid disappointment in buying.